Schneider Electric Automation Marktheidenfeld, Germany
We would like to invite all manufacturers of Sercos III devices to the 19th Sercos PlugFest taking place on May 16-17, 2017 at Schneider Electric in Marktheidenfeld (Germany).
Deadline for registration: May 5, 2017.
The PlugFest allows you to perform different types of conformance and interoperability tests in order to verify the correct implementation of Sercos III devices. This ensures the best possible compliance of different products. The staff of the testing laboratory will be present with testing tools (e.g. Sercos III Slave Conformizer, Sercos Monitor, IPS Conformizer) to support the participants and to analyze inconsistencies if any.
The following testing opportunities will be offered:
1. Slave conformance testing: The correct functioning of a slave device will be verified using the official testing tool (Slave Conformizer) and the official testing scripts.
2. Interoperability test (1:1): The correct interaction between a single master device and a single slave device will be verified. A checklist will be provided to execute the tests step by step (e.g., device configuration, network initialization, cyclic and non-cyclic data exchange).
3. Multi-device interoperability test (1:n): Tests between a single master device and multiple slave devices are performed in order to verify different network configurations, the correct network initialization, the cyclic and non-cyclic data exchange and dedicated Sercos III features (e.g. ring break detection, ring recovery and hot-plugging). For this, different multi-vendor device environments will be set-up for typical applications (e.g. packaging machine, machine tool, robot system). The master suppliers will receive detailed information about the different multi-device set-ups in advance, so that a maximum testing time is available during the PlugFest.
Important: Slave manufacturers that would like to provide equipment for the multi-device testing environment should fill out form B (to be requested via email@example.com ) and send it back no later than May 5.
Testing opportunities Master manufacturer Slave manufacturer
1. Slave conformance testing X
2. Interoperability test (1:1) X X
3. Multi-device interoperability test (1:n) X
Participation is limited to manufacturers with at least functional prototypes. Besides providing the Sercos III master and/or slave devices, attendees should bring along their development systems (Compiler/Debugger) and testing tools (such as the Sercos Monitor or other network sniffers). One or two developers per device are expected in order to create best possible conditions and maximum efficiency.
The PlugFest is subject to confidentiality. Sercos International e.V. will neither publish the names of the participating companies nor the results of the individual interoperability tests. To the same degree, the participants are bound to keep all findings about device behaviour or implementation issues strictly confidential.
Additional remarks for slave device manufacturers:
1. To allow an efficient testing, we would like to ask the manufacturers of slave devices to bring several devices (5-10 pcs.) of each device type.
2. All manufacturers of slave devices are requested to provide the SDDML description files before the event. These files will be distributed to the participants before the PlugFest.
3. All manufacturers of slave devices that intend to execute the Conformance Test, are requested to provide a filled-out “Slave_Specific_Information”.
Participation in the PlugFest is free of charge. Refreshments and lunch are provided by Schneider Electric. Attendees need to take care of travel and accommodation.
We have pre-reserved rooms in the Hotel zur schönen Aussicht in Marktheidenfeld at a price of 78,00 € per night (+ 6,00 € breakfast), hotelaussicht.de
The rooms can be booked using the code "Sercos". However, as the room contingent is limited, please book your room as fast as possible.
The PlugFest starts at 10:00 hours on the first day (Wednesday) and ends at approx. 17:00 hours on the second day (Thursday). On the evening of the first day, there will be a joint dinner for all participants.
Please register as soon as possible using the registration form A, latest until May 5, 2017 (registration form can be requested via firstname.lastname@example.org). If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We are looking forward to meeting you in Marktheidenfeld!