Add in card PCIe NET210-2
Categories: Hardware Components
- Low-cost low profile add-in card for PCI Express
- Card offers, in just one PCI Express slot, two independent network connections
- Controllers can be synchronized to each other
- Ideally suited for the Open Source Software Sercos SoftMaster
- Cycle times of 125µs can be realized
The PCIe NET210-2 is a low-cost low profile add-in card for PCI Express, equipped with two i210 Gigabit Ethernet controllers from Intel.
The card features a PCI Express Switch and therefore offers, in just one PCI Express slot, two independent network connections of type 10/100/1000Base-T.
Both Gigabit Ethernet controllers support the Precision Time Protocol (PTP) as per IEEE 1588. Furthermore, the controllers can be synchronized to each other.
So, the card is ideally suited for the Open Source Software Sercos SoftMaster. This project is open source, free from license fees, and independent of operating system and hardware.
The combination of PCIe NET210-2 with Sercos SoftMaster allows to reach cycle times of 125µs. Together with the SoftMasters new licensing model, very cheap solutions become realistic for redundant Sercos Master with high synchronity.